My latest: An easy crochet tote bag with a simple and fun bohemian pattern, my Boho Bag is a free pattern here on the blog! Read through my inspiration, design process and everything about the yarn I chose.
Purchase the ad-free, printable PDF pattern or scroll down to get the free pattern.
My Inspiration of the Boho Tote Bag
For some time I wanted to create a new bohemian-inspired pattern and the chevron shape (zig zag) came to me quite naturally. It’s good because I needed a new bag for shopping, so this is a great opportunity to give shape to this new pattern!
One Crochet Tote Bag, So Many Uses
I love it. It is light weight while being rigid and is the right size to carry my laptop when I travel, great! In addition you will not find a similar one while walking.
This bag will also be a good farmer’s market companion. The handles are large enough to be carried on the shoulder or by hand.
Simple And Easy Construction
This pretty bag is built in … just one time. It couldn’t be simpler! To strengthen it I joined the first thread of the skein to the last one. (so double thickness)
Accessible to beginners it is also an ideal and useful project for all seasons so you have no excuses!
Yarn & Substitution
I used the Spring Rainbow from Katia Yarns, it’s a 50% cotton, 50% acrylic gradient color yarn. It is flexible and fluid, ideal for a bag that is not too heavy to carry.
CROCHET BOHO TOTE BAG
- PIN this pattern to your Pinterest boards for later HERE
The Boho tote bag is a perfect bag to carry your groceries or your laptop whatever the season. It is crocheted in once, its particularity is its pattern with bohemian accents very simple to make mainly in HDC.
36 cm x 43 cm/ 14″x17″ (handles included)
Gauge (10 x 10cm/4″x4″)
Not necessary for this project.
-IMPORTANT: join the outside yarn with the inside one.
1. HDC in the 2nd St from the hook, HDC accross, 4HDC in total in the last St, HDC across, 3HDC in the last st. Slst to close.
2. CH2, HDC up to the 4 previous HDC, 2HDC tog in each of the 4 HDC, HDC across, 2HDC tog in each of the 3 previous HDC + 1HDC in the last HDC.
3. CH2, HDC up to the 2HDC tog, * 2HDC tog, 1HDC* repeat 4 times in total, HDC up to the 2HDC tog, * 2HDC, 1HDC * rep 3 times in total + 1 HDC in the last st.
4. CH2, HDC across. Slst in ch2.
5. CH2, turn, HDC across. Slst in ch2.
Repeat 5. : 25 rows in total.
6. CH2, turn, 2HDC, * CH2 (skip 2st), 3HDC * across.
7. CH2, turn, HDC across.
8. Turn, 1slst, * CH9, 1slst in the next 5th st * across.
9. CH2, 4sc, * 3sc tog in the 5th CH, 3sc, decrease next st(skip the next slst of the previous raw) + next st, 3sc * across, slst in ch2.
10. CH6, * 1slst in central stitch of previous 3sc tog, CH4* across, 1slst in 3rd CH of the beginning.
11. CH2, turn, HDC across.
12. CH2, turn, 5HDC, * CH2 (skip 2st), 3HDC * CH2, 1HDC, slst in ch2.
13. CH2, turn, HDC across. Repeat 2 rows in total.
14. CH2, turn, 19HDC, CH55 (skip 30st), 30 HDC, CH55 (skip 30st), 10HDC, slst in ch2.
15. CH3, turn, DC until the end, slst in 3. Finish off, weave in ends with the tapestry needle.
St: Stitch – CH:Chain – Slst: Slip stitch – Sc: Single crochet – HDC: Half Double Crochet – DC: Double Crochet – tog : together
Now enjoy your new, well deserved boho bag!
The patterns and photographs of items on this site are the property of Fibre and Folk and are for personal, non-commercial use only. These patterns files are protected by copyright, and you may not distribute or sell them electronically or physically. If you would like to sell finished pieces made from these patterns please contact me. This post contains affiliate links.